A collection of information about the art show industry for both new and veteran show directors:
- Industry FAQs
- Reproductions and Original Prints: What’s the Difference?
- Buy/Sell and Imports
- The Independent Artist newspaper
- Artist Advocacy:
- The NAIA promotes a list of best practices for shows to follow that help artists succeed. Please check out our Advocacy page for information.
- “How to Run a Great Art Show” A book for art shows and festivals to help smaller shows create an event that is successful for both the artists who come to participate and for the community and the organization producing the event.
- Additional Books for Show directors
- The True Cost of Doing Shows
- An NAIA publication for artists and shows to understand the expenses associated with exhibiting at festivals
- What Artists Want from Shows – 1998 Article from the NAIA Newsletter (Issue #5 Winter 1998)
- How to Make Me Praise Your Show
- A post by NAIA Board of Directors member Benjamin Frey
Please note that the information provided here is not an endorsement by NAIA.